Sunday, January 20, 2008

Barter, in the first.

Being a wrench has its advantages if you live in anything resembling "barter town". It's a service that is good for beer, groceries, couch. It will win friends and influence people much better that the 'hearts and minds' theory*. Today it garnered me a most unusual trade; tenor drum lessons.

Now, I didn't really know that I wanted to learn to play percussion, and hadn't planned on it. I had stepped in to listen to the practice of an interesting local phenomenon, and through a whirlwind moment of somewhat intentional miscommunication, I find myself in line to play in a band.
A marching band.
A Scottish Pipe and Drum Band.

Ah, well, any excuse to wear a kilt.


25 days without the nails!

*If you are unfamiliar with this US policy, ask. I'll give you the line.

1 comment:

Blue-eyed Devil said...

Didn't know you wanted to play percussion? Everyone wants to play percussion, man.

Bartering is the shit...