Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Basis of It All


What drives us? Bikes. So without further ado, here's my daily driver...
'07 San Jose. I had waffled about getting a track bike for a couple of years, but when I saw the versatility in this rig, coupled with fixed-gear capability, I knew I had found my ride.
Like a true Bike Junkie, I have swapped some parts around. I got rid of the "road" drop bars, and added a "dirt drop" style bar. the Sugino cranks went into the parts box, and my classic Stronglight cranks (with drilled chainring) came out of retirement. Lights, and a slick brass bell, keep me noticed on our kooky streets. The tires can handle dirt roads and rolling trails, the gearing is low enough for light all-terrain. If Winter weather hits, the rack-n-fenders will go on for the commute.
Now if my other bikes would stop looking at me like that...

No comments: